Saturday, June 20, 2009

FOUR

T I M E
Z O N E S

It was a capital idea for me to attend Worship Matters 2009.
Not only was it nicely practical for my field of study,
but it got me thinking backwards as well as forwards.
This was not a familiar crowd: a bit unexpected
I am used to seeing the same people, it seems.

And yet each day, another stranger was recognized.
Actually it was me they noticed, most often.
But one in particular, went back a while.
Back to when Father's Day counted and ... when it ended.
And yet now, I saw the forest and the trees.

Half a lifetime ago. Remembering hope and sorrow.
All the while singing:
Laughter runs across my pain, slips away and comes again.
(A privilege to hear in the first person.)
Whipped by wind, yet still afloat!

I will miss my kids tomorrow.
This was not wise planning.
And yet, I hope, still, that this time has mattered.
I am in a good place and I see good places ahead.
Nothing stands still: which is always true in a quantum universe.

Let's just admit that we are dancing!
Hallelujah! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment