Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ARE YOU READY FOR THE SUMMER?

The solstice was yesterday. My kids are counting down the days to the end of school. I've been You-Tubing the opening scene of Meatballs alot this week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPEfxNbvcjo). I still love that movie. It brings back so many good reminders of my days in the 70s and 80s working at summer camp. now we were never as dysfunctional as the movie counsellors; but there is some truth in that movie.

I have always been a practical person. My days as a BComm student and accountant have made me a planner. But I am working hard against that tendency and and trying to just appreciate the moment, in the moment.

I want my kids to have memorable summers. They go to camp; maybe they'll have their own meatballs moments. Maybe they will learn that the Spirit of God is a reality, as I did at camp.

I also want to spend time with my kids, doing memorable things.

I may not have any RRSPs, or much savings; but I think I have been enjoying the time that is!

Are you ready for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment